Hyundai launches enhanced Blue Link in-vehicle telematics system; plus Google Glass App
- Destination Search powered by Google – users will be able to take advantage of Google’s powerful destination search via the Blue Link button (voice recognition) and navigation display, or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile app to send a destination to their car
- Remote Start – now includes an engine timer (1-10 min.), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance –includes user-selected emergency contacts notification via SMS and e-mail
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant is a proactive app for automobiles intended to save the driver time and provide an even higher level of convenience. The app combines Blue Link features, data from the vehicle, the owner’s smartphone and the internet with multiple layers of intelligence. This allows the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app to send proactive notifications and recommendations to the Genesis owner in preparation for their drive.
providing commute information and access to their smartphone’s
calendar, owners can have the app automatically estimate appropriate
departure times and send reminders for any upcoming
appointments that require a drive.
- Departure reminder messages are determined by up-to-the-minute commute times from the user’s current location to the destination, accounting for traffic.
- Temperature outside the vehicle is determined via zip code prior to the estimated departure time. If the temperature is above or below the default level, the user will receive a notification, asking if they would like to remote start their vehicle to heat it up or cool it down.
- Recommendations for gas stations are provided, allowing the user to select a station and send the location to the vehicle’s navigation system.
- Vehicle health status will also be communicated through the user’s smartphone when an action is required. This will allow the customer to schedule car care for their Genesis directly from the app.
- Many additional Blue Link features are included within the app, making it a single, integrated solution for all driver’s vehicle needs.
- The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app is a framework for the future with additional proactive functionality becoming available over time to provide the customer with the ultimate luxuries of time and convenience.
- Remote vehicle start
- Remote door lock/unlock
- Remote Find My Car (search for your vehicle location to receive directions to it)
- Point of Interest search sent to the Hyundai navigation system
- Search for a gas station to send to your car
- Call roadside assistance
- Talk to a Blue Link agent
- Locate nearby dealers
The all-new 2015 Hyundai Genesis will launch in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit and will go on sale in the spring of 2014. Before the official reveal, Hyundai is showcasing at Pepcom its next generation infotainment system that will be available on the all-new Genesis. The new infotainment system represents Hyundai’s latest and most innovative approach to in-vehicle technology.
Integration with Apple’s Siri-powered “Eyes Free” mode
- Functionality allows owners of compatible vehicles to perform a variety of in-car tasks without taking their eyes off the road
- SD Navigation
- Pandora integration with smartphone
- SoundHound integration with smartphone
- SiriusXM Audio – 6 preset (record, play, pause, back)
SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic
- Sports scores and schedules
- Stock ticker
- Movie times (new feature)
- Fuel prices (new feature)
- Advanced voice recognition
- Swipe technology
- Music, video and picture storage
- Customizable home screen (my menu)